Eurovision faces withdrawals after Israel OK'd to compete
The Eurovision Song Contest -- the world's largest live music competition -- faced the prospect of mass withdrawals, after organisers opted not to vote on Israel's future participation, allowing it to take part in next year's event.
Read moreIran filmmaker Panahi says to return home despite prison sentence
Dissident Iranian filmmaker Jafar Panahi has said he plans to return to Iran despite being sentenced to a year in prison and a travel ban earlier this week, a report said Thursday.
Read moreTrump envoys press plan with Ukraine as sanctions eased on Russia
President Donald Trump's envoys were to meet Thursday with Ukrainian negotiators for the third time in two weeks to press his plan to end the war as his administration eased economic pressure on Russia.
Read moreGlobal markets scent US rate cuts
World stock markets mostly rose Thursday after the latest batch of US data reinforced expectations that the Federal Reserve will cut interest rates next week and in 2026.
Read moreTrump hosts Rwanda, DR Congo accord signing even as violence rages
President Donald Trump hosted the leaders of Rwanda and the Democratic Republic of Congo on Thursday to sign a deal that the US leader has hailed as his latest peace triumph despite ongoing violence on the ground.
Read moreHegseth's Signal use risked harm to US forces, watchdog says
US Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth's use of commercial messaging app Signal to discuss strikes on Yemen risked compromising sensitive information and could have put troops at risk, the Pentagon's independent watchdog said Thursday.
Read more2026 Winter Olympics flame lands in Italy
The flame for the 2026 Milan-Cortina Winter Olympics arrived in Rome on Thursday for a two-month torch relay around Italy before the sprawling Games open on February 6.
Read moreUK, Norway to jointly 'hunt Russian submarines' under new pact
Britain and Norway on Thursday unveiled a new defence pact that will see their navies jointly operate a warship fleet to "hunt Russian submarines" in the North Atlantic.
Read moreAntonelli thanks Verstappen for support after online death threats
Mercedes' Kimi Antonelli on Thursday thanked Max Verstappen for his support as he revealed that the Red Bull driver and his race engineer had spoken to him after receiving death threats on social media following the Qatar Grand Prix.
Read more'Motivated' Bordeaux-Begles launch Champions Cup defence at 'Bull Ring'
Title holders Bordeaux-Begles open the defence of their Champions Cup crown on Saturday with a gruelling trip to the Bulls and the challenge of one of the sport's most difficult away journeys.
Read moreIn The News